Mark 1 Bible Study
Very excited to be transitioning to two life groups for the first time as a church. It’s a sign of how God has grown the church and added new people to us. I’m also even more excited to be making this transition now, just after God has saved two people in our Church. The brand new Thursday Life Group is going to two brand new Christians in it!
The plan in Life Groups for the rest of 2019 is to read Mark’s Gospel together. I’m preaching through Isaiah 1-6 on Sunday mornings and we’ll be studying Mark in Life Groups, so a really healthy Old Testament, New Testament mix.
In preparation for our Mark Bible studies, I’ll post the questions we have prepared for the coming Bible Study. That means anyone who wants to can read the passage ahead of time and come prepared with some great answers. Then after the session, I will post the full set of Bible study notes, so individuals and people who aren’t in our life groups can do personal study.
Next week we’ll be reading and studying Mark 1, so here are the questions we’ll be discussing.
- What is Markâ€™s Gospel all about (verse 1)? What do Jesusâ€™ titles â€“ Christ and Son of God â€“ mean?
- What is John the Baptistâ€™s role in verses 2-8?
- What does it mean to be baptised in the Holy Spirit (verse 8)?
- How can we prepare the way of the Lord Jesus in our lives?
- Why do you think all three persons of the Trinity â€“ God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit â€“ are all involved in Jesusâ€™ baptism? Why is Jesus baptised anyway if heâ€™s never sinned?
- Why did Jesus go into the wilderness? What Old Testament allusions in verse 13 help us answer that question?
- What does repentance mean (verse 15)? How are faith and repentance linked? How can we practice repentance and faith each day of our lives?
- What does it mean to be a fisher of men (verse 17)? Are you living as a fisher of men?
- What do verses 18 and 20 teach us about discipleship?
- What have you given up to follow Jesus?
- What characteristics of Jesus are emphasized in verses 21-45?
- How closely does Jesus prayer example in verse 31 resemble your own prayer life?
Can’t wait to read the Bible together and really dig into God’s word together. Lord, come and help us, equip us, fill us with your Holy Spirit and raise our eyes to see the beauty, the glory, the power and the compassion of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
August 28, 2019
August 14, 2019
August 07, 2019